Are you or someone you love battling MULTIPLE MYELOMA?
You are not alone!
The Connecticut Multiple Myeloma Fighters Information Group is part of a network of worldwide myeloma specific support groups affiliated with the International Myeloma Foundation (www.myeloma.org). Myeloma can very often be treated successfully, and many patients live long and productive lives after being diagnosed. We encourage you to learn as much as possible and to seek the best care possible.
At our meetings, patients, caregivers and friends share their knowledge and experiences on treatments, coping with side effects, medical insurance, participation in clinical trials, new scientific and clinical research and provide mutual support and encouragement.
This is an excellent way to meet and interact with fellow myeloma patients, their family members and friends. Our meetings consist of patients sharing their experiences as well as presentations from relevant guest speakers.
Interested patients, family members and friends are encouraged to join us!
We also invite experts to join us and share their knowledge. Call, email or mail to get on our email/phone list so you can receive the meeting announcements. You can also view the details of our next support group meeting, get driving directions, etc. here on our web site.
The Connecticut Multiple Myeloma Fighters Information Group
Second Wednesday of each month
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Place: Prospect Public Library
17 Center Street
Prospect, CT 06712
Facility is handicap accessible
For more information, please contact:
Michael & Robin Tuohy at 203-206-3536
Jon Fitzpatrick at 203-709-0744
From Hartford/84 West area. The below route is approx 4 miles from Exit 26 to the Prospect Library:
- Exit 26 off 84 West (Prospect/Cheshire)
- LEFT at bottom of Exit/signal light
- FIRST RIGHT onto Summit Road: Follow Summit Road all the way into Prospect (about 3 miles)
- LEFT at signal light at intersection with Summit and Route 69 (CVS will be on your left)
- LEFT at next signal light, which will be intersection of Route 69 and 68 (St. Anthony's Church will be on your Right)
- IMMEDIATE RIGHT to Center Street and follow circle around to the Library. This is also the Prospect Town Green.
From Danbury/84 East area, you can also benefit and miss the Waterbury construction by getting off the highway sooner. Below is an option for you to consider based on the traffic. The below route is approx 8 miles from Exit 17 to the Prospect Library:
- Exit 17 off 84 East (Watertown/Naugatuck)
- RIGHT at bottom of Exit/stop sign
- Follow Route 63 to Route 68 Prospect
- STRAIGHT at Intersection of Route 68 and 69 (St. Anthony's Church will be on your left)
- IMMEDIATE RIGHT to Center Street and follow circle around to the Library. This is also the Prospect Town Green
If you wish, you can get off 84 East in Southbury and follow to Prospect via secondary roads if traffic is backed up on 84.
From Route 8: Take the Union City/Prospect Exit and follow Route 68 up to the Center of Prospect (Intersection of Routes 68 & 69/St. Anthony's Church will be on your left). Straight at Intersection and immediate RIGHT to Center Street - follow around to Library.
Meeting Cancellation Notice
In the event that we need to cancel a meeting due to inclement weather, we will send out an e-mail blast by 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting.
For members without e-mail, if you plan to attend a meeting and are not sure if it is still on, please call Robin Tuohy at 203-206-3536 after 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting for information.